Parishioners at All Saints’ Episcopal Church are dedicated to serving those in need. Our signature outreach program is the Oak Street Episcopal Mission, a joint ministry project of the three Episcopal churches in Thomasville. All Saints’ and St. Thomas Episcopal Churches have united with the historically African-American Good Shepherd Episcopal church, located in the Stevens Street historic district of Thomasville, with a commitment to revitalize the neighborhood through service. The church has been a local landmark since 1894.
Good Shepherd’s vicarage, which sits next door to Good Shepherd, has been renovated to serve as the Oak Street Episcopal Mission’s headquarters. A community garden yields seasonal vegetables for the neighborhood, and a feeding program serves locals at lunchtime five days a week. An after-school tutoring program runs five days a week; a summer camp for area children was established in 2015. Additional programs focus on health and the winterizing of homes.
Episcopal Church Women
All Saints’ very active Episcopal Church Women (ECW) are committed to serving children and families in Thomas County. ECW organizes bazaars and the annual Marti Gras dinner and auction. ECW typically raises more than $60,000 each year.
Volunteer Lunch Service
Teams of our parishioners volunteer to serve lunch for the needy once a month on a Saturday. This program is part of a commitment made by a number of Thomasville churches to provide a week-day feeding program.
Christmastime offers a special opportunity for service: the cooking and serving of Christmas meals for more than 150 people in need.